Who wouldn’t want smooth, hair-free skin for the summer (or just forever)?
While shaving, waxing, and hair removal creams like Nair, are all options to get rid of unwanted hair, they also create irritation, razor bumps, cause sensitivity and only work for a limited period of time until the hair grows back.
Laser hair removal is the go-to option for those looking for semi-permanent results. At Metro Medspa, we offer two membership options for Laser Hair Removal. Not only do our memberships make laser hair removal more affordable, but they also keep you on the necessary treatment schedule for ideal results! Read the rest of this blog, and if Metro Medspa sounds like a good fit, then check out our website for more information.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal works by using light energy to permanently reduce unwanted hair by targeting and destroying the hair follicles. The laser can be used to target both small and large areas, including the legs, face, arms, underarms, back, and bikini line.
Some of the benefits of laser hair removal include:
- No ingrown hairs
- Little to no irritation (dependent on your skin type and sensitivity)
- No cuts or razor bumps
- Less time consuming, especially over the long term
- Safe and effective
Before your first appointment, your provider will create a treatment plan based on the area you want hair removal, your skin type and hair color/thickness. Treatment plans include a series of 8-12 treatments spaced 4-8 weeks apart for best results.
There are a few things you can do in between sessions to ensure you are getting the most out of your laser hair removal treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure – We don’t recommend treating on actively tanned skin, as it increases the risk for complications. This is also why the ideal time to get laser hair removal is before the summer months.
- Refrain from waxing, threading, and tweezing – If you want to get rid of any extra growth between sessions, shaving is the best option.
- Use light moisturizers – Try to stick to moisturizers that are light and fragrance-free, especially if you opt for facial laser hair removal. As with UV rays, your skin could be more sensitive to scented products, so tread carefully.
- Avoid caffeine before your laser hair removal treatments- Caffeine is known to make clients more susceptible to discomfort during laser treatments, so avoid that cup of coffee before your session.
- Be patient – The results won’t be immediate. Fully destroying hair follicles is a process, therefore laser hair removal will most likely take more than one session.
Your treatment provider will discuss what to expect from treatment, so be sure to consult with them about any questions or concerns.
Laser Hair Removal at Metro Medspa
With summer coming soon, now is the perfect time to start laser hair removal!
At Metro Medspa, our staff is extensively trained in administering laser hair removal treatments and will work with you to create a treatment plan that is specific to your needs.
Our office, located in the St. Louis, MO area, has helped countless clients ditch the razor and achieve smooth, hair-free skin!
Ready to book your appointment?
Contact us today!