We’ve all looked down at our phones or logged onto a Zoom call and caught a glimpse of ourselves at an unflattering angle right? If it feels like you’ve run out of angels that don’t accentuate your double chin, Kybella is likely a good treatment option for you!
What is Kybella®?
Kybella® is an injectable fat reduction treatment used to improve the appearance of moderate to severe fat below the chin (also called a double chin). It is a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring bile enzyme in the body that helps to break down fat.
When injected into the fat beneath the chin, Kybella® destroys fat cells, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. It is typically administered in a series of injections over several treatment sessions.
Who Are the Ideal Candidates for Kybella®?
The treatment is generally considered safe for adults with moderate to severe fat below the chin. As long as you are in good overall health and have a stable weight, you are a good candidate for Kybella® .
Kybella® should not be used by people who have an infection in the treatment area, are pregnant or breastfeeding, or have had or plan to have surgery on their face, neck, or chin.
It’s also important to have realistic expectations for the results and understand that multiple treatments may be necessary to achieve the desired outcome. Keep in mind as well that Kybella® is not a weight loss solution, but rather a targeted treatment for submental fat.
It is best to consult with a qualified provider to determine if you are an ideal candidate for Kybella® . They will be able to assess your specific needs and concerns, and recommend the best course of treatment for you.
What Makes Kybella® The Best Treatment For Reducing Fat Under The Chin?
Here are some of the factors that set Kybella® apart from other treatment options:
- Kybella® injections are the only FDA-approved treatment to reduce excess fat present in the submental area.
- The treatment is minimally invasive with minimal downtime.
- The treatment sessions are fairly quick and can be completed in under 30 minutes.
- The results kick in within 4 to 6 weeks as your body continues to eliminate destroyed fat cells. Take note that the results are permanent as long as you maintain a stable weight and a healthy lifestyle.
- Kybella® injections come with far fewer risks compared to surgical procedures.
- The treatment gradually eliminates the destroyed fat cells, reducing the risk of loose, sagging skin.
When it comes to your chin, less is more and no one is looking for doubles. Kybella is a non-invasive, FDA-approved and safe treatment option to get rid of your double chin.
However, you should only opt for a well-trained injector with the right technique for performing the procedure. At Metro MedSpa in St. Louis, MO, our expert injectors are all well-trained and highly skilled for the job, so rest assured that you’ll be in capable hands.
Book a consultation now and get one step closer to achieving a slimmer and more contoured chin.