PDO Thread Lift
Aging is a natural process and as we age, we notice a loss of firmness and elasticity which results in fine lines and sagging of skin.
These usual signs of aging are usually addressed surgically, but what if you don’t want to go under the knife? Is there a noninvasive option available?
Lucky you! A PDO thread lift can help restore lost volume and improve your skin’s elasticity as well as enhance your overall appearance.
Keep reading to learn more about the PDO thread lift!
What is a PDO Thread Lift?
A PDO thread lift is a nonsurgical facial rejuvenation procedure that uses polydioxanone (PDO) threads to lift and tighten the skin. These threads are made of a biocompatible material that is commonly used in surgical suture threads, and are absorbed by the body over time.
The procedure involves inserting the PDO threads beneath the skin through small incisions or needles. It can be used to treat a variety of concerns, such as:
- sagging skin
- fine lines
- nasolabial folds
The procedure typically takes 30-60 minutes, depending on the treatment area and the number of threads used. Thread lifts are performed under local anesthesia in our office, and you can return to most normal activities after the procedure.
Types of PDO Threads
There are several types of PDO threads available, including mono, cog, and screw threads. The type of thread used will depend on the specific treatment goals and the area being treated.
- Mono threads are completely smooth and designed to stimulate collagen production and improve skin texture.
- Cog threads have small barbs along the length of the thread, which help to anchor the thread in place and provide a lifting effect.
- Screw threads have a spiral design that helps to lift and tighten the skin.
Benefits of a PDO Thread Lift
The effects of a PDO thread lift are generally seen immediately after the procedure, with the final results being seen 2-3 weeks post procedure and lasting up to a year.
Here are the benefits of getting a PDO thread lift:
- Generally considered to be a safe and effective procedure, with a low risk of complications.
- It can improve the contour and shape of the face by restoring volume to areas that have started to sag due to aging or drastic weight loss.
- The threads stimulate collagen production, which helps to tighten and lift the skin naturally over time.
- The threads also have a slight tensile effect on the skin, which helps to lift and smooth out wrinkles and fine lines.
REMINDER: It is important to consult with a qualified and experienced provider to determine if this procedure is right for you.
All in all, a PDO thread lift is a safe, effective and affordable minimally invasive lifting option.
So, if you want to improve the contour of your face, improve the appearance of existing wrinkles, and achieve a younger-looking appearance, our qualified providers here at Metro MedSpa in St. Louis, MO will sit down with you for a one-on-one consultation to develop a treatment plan that meets your specific needs.
Call now and schedule your appointment with us today!