Are you starting to see fine lines around your eyes and mouth? How about marionette lines or forehead creases?
Don’t worry because Sculptra can help! It is an FDA-approved injectable that helps improve the appearance of wrinkles, folds, and helps regenerate the skin from the inside.
Keep reading to learn more about Sculptra.
What Is Sculptra?
Sculptra is an injectable made of poly-L-lactic acid, a synthetic material that is biocompatible. It is used to smooth deep static wrinkles, such as:
- Marionette Lines
- Sunken Cheeks
- Chin Wrinkles
- Nasolabial Folds
What Are the Benefits of Sculptra?
Sculptra can provide you with the following benefits:
- Help restore your skin’s elasticity and firmness.
- Safe and effective for all skin types and tones.
- The risk of side effects is next to none. Some people might experience mild swelling and bruising at the injection site, but this usually subsides within a day or two.
- Unlike other fillers, the results can last longer.
- The procedure can be used all over the face, including cheekbones and under the eyes.
- No downtime is required, and you can go back to your daily routine right after.
It is important to seek treatment from a qualified and experienced injector, as Sculptra must be injected at a deep dermis level, not just superficially.
How Sculptra Works
Sculptra works by stimulating the production of collagen, a protein that helps to give the skin its structure and elasticity. The treatment is typically done in a series of injections, spaced several weeks apart. The number of injections needed and the amount of product used will depend on the individual patient and the areas being treated.
Sculptra is considered a safe and effective treatment option for facial wrinkles and folds, with minimal side effects. Some common side effects include redness, swelling, and bruising at the injection site, but these usually resolve within a few days.
Who Is the Ideal Candidate For Sculptra?
Sculptra is best suited for anyone who’s 18 years or older in age, has good overall health, and is looking to:
- Address deep static wrinkles such as nasolabial folds and marionette lines
- Fill in sunken cheeks and under-eye hollows
- Reduce the appearance of chin wrinkles
- Help restore the skin’s youthful plumpness
- Make the skin appear firmer and lifted
Conversely, it should not be used on individuals who:
- Have an active skin infection at the injection site
- Are allergic to the components of Sculptra
- Are breastfeeding or pregnant
Sculptra can restore your natural, youthful volume while enhancing the contours of your face, thus shedding several years while lasting relatively longer than other fillers.
However, only a well-trained injector can help you achieve a natural-looking result. Our team of expert injectors at Metro MedSpa in St. Louis, MO, can do just that for you.
Call us now and schedule your appointment today!